Friday 29 November 2013

my LIFE AND FRIENDS IN THE PAST by Sir rhema Hills

NAMES FEATURED IN THIS STORY ARE AS FOLLOWS: Bashiru 1996 Martins Kambai 1998 Bola akande 1999 Chinedu Onicha 1999 Debo wale 1999 Damian Atiri 1999 Michael Oyadonghan 2000 Joel Oyadonghan 2000 Aisha Atta 2004 Jennifer Ahembe 2008 Sharon Gold 2006 Hemba 2006 Alex 2006 Buchi Osuagwu 2006 Sandra 2011 Harrison 2010 Emmanuel salami 2010 Vandersa 2010 Juwon ojoade 2010 Stephenie 2011 Shirley 2012 Ene Ogbe 2011 The Ogbes 2012 Favour Ogbe 2012 Bidemi 2012 Funmi 2012 Enitan Adeleye 2012 Jumoke 2012 Jane o Dare 2012 Magai Danjuma 2012 Laying down at exactly 2:30am on the 26th Nov.2013, reminicing on the few interesting past i had. Sometimes i try to compare the past with the present but the ratio is so uneven. This is an acknowledgement of the few people i can remember as at when writing this piece.These people made my life a long journey of happiness and they remain in my heart even if i dont see them again. I grew up knowing no one as friend; probably because i wasnt so matured enough to keep memories, and this was one major deficiency i had while growing up. Though i can stil remember the numbers of plays i had with people as a child..... Kaestiyah was part of it; a type of army i single handedly formed just to play the role of police and thief. I had my own command and before time i ruled a great batallion of child army and it was called Kaestiyah. Till date i know nothing about how it was formed but i know how it ended. It was with serious flogging and punishment from mum. Afterwards i found myself owning a church i called it IN HIS TIME GOSPEL MISSION I can still remember thoae days ; i was so close to God,i would gather my cousins and few friends in my bedroom, i would use my mums sewing table as my podium and preach messages every sunday evenings, though i really cant recollect those words i told them but it was fun.... Between the ages of 1-6 i was a complete dull boy,i was only good at playing i had all forms of plays as a child but when it comes to academics i was not close to being average. I had friends those days but because of excess play i cant remember any of them. PHASE 2 My life took a total transformation when we relocated to lagos, it was like a rebirth, evrything about me changed. My first friend was Bashiru, cant remamber his surname though; we were neighbours,went to same primary school, but the friendship didnt last for so long because they had to relocate from where we were stayin at oko-oba. However,i really didnt feel his absence because just before he left Martins kambai and his parents parked into d next block. Martins was the major friend i had while growing up, we were like mates though i was older. I can still rember how we use to rent bicycle together even though we couldnt ride well,but we struggled together and toured oko oba and agege axis until we became pro..... Not long we moved to different secondary schools and that was how we seperated,he was in a boarding school and i was in a day school. In Hamlet college, i met great people like Bola,Damian,chinedu,Debo and many others but as we were finishing and writing waec,i became closer to Joel and his brother Michael Oyadonghan now sir. M. Joel and Michael had a significant role they played in my life,we learnt together,we made mistakes together. We had similar interest and plans and before long we became the jd17. We didnt make it through in our first waec sitting so we had to register in another academy and along the line i met my first girl friend.lol. Aisha Atta; I had so much crush on her to the extent that i had to go to university of jos so i can b closer to her in A.B.U Zaria. But with time the relationship faded cos we were not really matured enough to handle the kind of relationship we were in. When i was in year 2; i became closer to one of my course mate Jennifer Ahembe, she taught me how to cook varieties of food; and with time i made her my official girlfriend. Everyone knew us together. However, things didnt work out as planned and towards my final years we werent really close like we use to be,It was this period, i got to knw some friends like Harrison onyeachom,Emmanuel salami, Vandersa and Juwon. They were so close to me, we lived together,read together and competed together till i graduated. We were even suppose to serve in the same place but well it was all wishes and the government had the final say. Let me take you back a bit,during the school days in the university i had good friends i called my sisters,they were sharon Gold,Hemba,Sandra and coursemates like Alex and Buchi. I also met a neighbour and a friend Stephenie who was later murdered just in front of her house. In 2012, i was posted to katsina but i wasnt cool with the place so i only had my camping there. In camp i was close to shirley, we had same plan on redeploying and fortunately we were redeployed to the same state Kwara. In camp i was a very good friend to my platoon members and we all had fun together. Now talking on my experience in kwara......hmmm it was great fun o. Meanwhile back in school i met Ene Ogbe in my final year,we were just friends for about six months but she was like a sister,probably because she was from benue state, i really cant call what we had a date but were pretty close and her family stayed in kwara. So when i was redeployed to kwara state,The Ogbes became my new family,they never knew me but because of my relatinship with Ene they took me as their son.They were more than a host,they were my family. They gave me an apartment where i stayed all through my service year for free. My very good companion in the family was my 8 yrs old friend called Favour,i call her Favour Ross. We had alot of fights and arguements but we dont sleep over it,she was close to me cos we were the only two in the house aside her mum,others were still in school. While i was serving in kwara; i met Bidemi and along the line we started dating, i met great people like Enitan,mayowa,jumoke and some of my secondary school mates like Funmi and Jane and we got united. Meanwhike Jane O Dare is my co editor in our page "my relationship with Hillz" presently But Magai was one very good friend i dont think i would forget so soon or forever. We hanged out together,drew me close to God and made me felt loved. But as usual distance seperated us, service was over and we had to go our different ways.... All these people i can remember are my great friends who have played vital roles in my life and made me who i am till date. Ofcourse i had alot of friends aside these ones but my memory was just too full to pen down their names but i want you to know you are appreciated..... Now am on the 3rd phase of my life and trust me am having new friends and i love them all. Theres nothing as great as having good friends around you.life has been fun all the way and i Thank God for bringing you guys my way. Love you all Sir Rhema Hills 28/11/2013

No comments:

Post a Comment