Saturday 27 October 2012

Celestial Church Prophetess Folashade Esther Ogunseye Sets Ablaze As Trance Celebration Turned Sour

Oct 27, 2012 – Celestial Church Prophetess Folashade Esther Ogunseye Sets Ablaze As Trance Celebration Turned Sour Before her ordeal, Prophetess Folashade Esther Ogunseye of the Celestial Church Genesis Model Parish Agbado , Ogun state was a beautiful woman. www.naijagists.com The 30-year-old woman who nowwears a frightening look fell into a trance for 7 days in July, 2012 and warned her church membersnot to celebrate the spiritual feat for her. Contrary to her request of not celebrating her feat, the excited church members who insisted on celebrating her prepared food and dragged her to the church where they danced round her to celebrate her spiritual achievement. During the celebration, a church worker identified as Elijah allegedly sprayed perfume knownin celestial parlance as Ona La onthe dancers without taking cognizance of lighted candles which some of them were holding. Alas the perfume caught fire and Sade was set ablaze along with three other members whohad joined in the celebration. Apastor in the church who had come to rescue them was also affected by the fire. However, Sade was the worst-hit as she suffered severe burns. So the once delectable Sade has been turned to a monster of sort. Prophetess Folashade Esther while speaking at her residence, No 77 Osopitan bus-stop, Agbadorecently, the Abeokuta-born single lady said she was still at a loss as to why such a terrible fatebefell her even as she blamed her church members for her predicament. “I had warned them not to celebrate the trance for me; that I didn’t want noise. Rather, I asked them to pray for me silently, but they refused. This was not the first time I would be going into a trance; the ill-fated one happened to be my fourth. Aside this, I warned Elijah not to pour perfume on me, but hedidn’t listen, see what has happened now,” she lamented. According to her, the fire incidentmight also be a spiritual attack from the enemies of somebody she prayed for while in the spirit. “Maybe, I prayed for somebody when I was in the spirit and the thing now bounced back on me during the celebration,” she added. Immediately after the incident, Sade and other victims of the fire were rushed to a private hospital near the church from where they were taken to the General Hospital, Orile-Agege the following day for a better medical attention from where they were later discharged. However, while others have made considerable progress and have since returned to the church, Sade could not because of the severity of her condition . She said: “I cannot do anything asI am. I always feel hot. My neck isalways paining me. I can’t wear my clothes. I cannot sleep unless the fan is on. My neck region is always paining me. I have to put ice-block or pour cold water on myself to reduce the heat. For how long will I do this?” Although she commended the shephered in charge of the church, Prophet Oladele Ogundipe and other members of the church for taking very good care of her since the incident occurred, she sought the support of other well-meaning Nigerians to restore her to her former position. “My church has been so wonderful to me. The shepherd, his mum, the church patron and other members of the church have promised to help me. But I don’t know what will happen tomorrow. Nobody will be ready to marry me in my present condition. I’m not even comfortable with myself. This is why I am appealing to members of the public to join my church inassisting me to get over my present condition,” she added. She is to blame for her predicament- Shepherd- In- Charge. Meanwhile, the Shepherd-In- Charge of the church, Prophet Ogundipe absolved himself of any blame in the incident, claiming Sade should be held responsible for her present predicament. According to him, she and other members ofthe church who joined in the celebration went against the rules and regulation of the church. “In the Celestial church, there is nothing like trance or going to the mountains for seven days. In our church, we don’t do any trance celebration, we don’t goto streams or the bush; we arenot fetish and we don’t do anything barbaric. I have always warned all church members to steer clear of anything that is not in the vision of the church,” he added. Though he said he and the chairman of the church were not around on the fateful day, he gave an account of what must have caused the fire: “People have been saying it was a strange fire but there is nothing like that. It was the perfume that was poured on her that caught fire because of the lighted candle at the altar. This is a lesson to everybody that if they want to employ anybody, they should notemploy an illiterate because they would not know how to handle things.”

No comments:

Post a Comment